(written July 5, 2008)
I write because one day I will not be able to
I will not be able to remember,
So I write.
I will not be able to lift my hand without it shaking,
So I write.
I will not be able to think as clearly as I can now,
So I write.
My writing is a record
A recording
I write to find the patterns, the means, the themes
I want as much of this life as I can to be written down
Because then and only then can I make some sense of it
My writing is a living will
A living determination
I write to find the discipline to write
Even when it feels like I lack
Determination or Discipline, or both
I write.
My writing is a testament
A testimony
I write to find the truth--inside me, inside you
I write because there is never enough truth between you and me
Because I yearn for a truth so bright
That it would shine like gold from the page
I write because to not write would break my heart
I write from the land of milk and honey
Of plentiful and never enough
I am a memory-keeper, a soul-seeker
I write from a well that never runs dry
And my cup, it runneth over.
No comments:
Post a Comment