Sunday, December 7, 2008

My Name

I'm seeing shadows again
Hearing my name when no one's around
Wishing it were you,
Instead of these demons that haunt me.
But you've left me.

I curl up in bed and will myself
To sleep sometimes,
When there's nothing else to do.

Yet, sometimes, I feel like even my depression
Has left me, but it isn't a good feeling.
It's an empty, hollow space that has
Depression's mark all over it.

I'd rather feel something.

Feel that first bright burn of love, or hurt
Feel the way a child can sneak into your heart,
And, oh so slowly, back out again as you grow apart.
I suppose it's the same for lovers.

Sometimes I think my feelings have left me,
As you did--
To nothingness.

I think that part, that numb, nothing part--
I think that's when I start to see shadows again
To hear my name in a voice
Seldom used.

No comments: